- The Jordan Company was incorporated in Georgia in 1971. The business of the Company is land brokerage and consulting. The Company specializes in the representation of buyers and sellers of land for development or investment purposes as well as consulting services to land owners. The Company is currently licensed to practice real estate in Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
- During its 40-year history, the Company has closed transactions representing more than $600 million in land sales in the metro Atlanta market. This success can be attributed to the Company’s ability to assist its clients to weather a variety of swings in the real estate market by advising them of current and upcoming trends in the market, providing superior local market knowledge, and leveraging a client’s opportunities with the Company’s longstanding contact base of active buyers and sellers.
- The officers of the Company are also experienced landowners maintaining their own real estate portfolio. During his career in the real estate industry, Mr. Jordan, Sr. has bought and sold over 25,000 acres of land for his portfolio or for various partnerships and syndications. Currently, the principals of the company own over 650 acres of raw land in metropolitan Atlanta in various entities that they control. This ownership gives the brokers at Jordan Company the added perspective of owners, which is highly unique in the land brokerage community.
- We serve our clients with the highest level of integrity, attention to detail, and creative thought of any firm in the land brokerage and consulting business. Our business is and will always be based on relationships rather than transactions.
Robert S. Jordan, Sr.
Chairman and CEO
- Robert S. Jordan, Sr., who founded the Company in 1971, has over 43 years experience in the Atlanta real estate industry, primarily in buying, selling, and brokerage of land throughout the metropolitan area.
- Mr. Jordan began his real estate career in 1960 with Adams Cates, resigning in 1966 to be the co-founder of the Jordan-McCamy Company, a partnership that specialized in real estate acquisition, sales, and real estate brokerage. Between 1967 and 1969, the partnership acquired approximately thirty properties for its own account and closed approximately $25 million in real estate brokerage. Since he founded Jordan Company, the firm has brokered the sale of over $600 million in land throughout the metro Atlanta area.
Robert S. Jordan, Jr.
- Rob has over 18 years experience in banking and real estate. In
the early 90's through 1999, he was employed by SunTrust Bank and Wachovia
as a corporate banker and commercial real estate lender, respectively, with
significant loan experience in development of multi-family, industrial,
office and retail.
- In 1999, he joined Jordan Company and has overseen the management
of the firm's brokerage and consulting operation. Rob has received the
Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors Top Ten Producer Award four times since 2002.
He has been quoted and recognized in multiple national publications
including two features in The Wall Street Journal in 2008 and 2010, a full
interview in National Real Estate Investor Magazine regarding his work
selling distressed assets, as well as the Atlanta Business Chronicle several
- Rob is a past member of REGA, The 1% Club, and currently The
Commercial Board of Realtors. He is the past Chairman of the Woodruff Arts
Select Gifts Campaign and is currently active in fund raising for Buckhead
Christian Ministries, is a member of the Eva Edwards Society at The Lovett
School, and serves as Grounds Committee Co-Chairman for Morris Brandon
School. Rob received his BBA from the University of Georgia in 1991. He
lives in Buckhead with his wife, Emily and three children.
David B. Walmsley
- David Walmsley is a seasoned executive who has applied his nearly twenty years of business experience and talent towards launching, driving and managing rapid growth in companies, primarily in markets for consumer products and services.
In summer of 2006 Mr. Walmsley sold his interest in Velocity Sports Performance Franchise Systems, LLC, where he was a co-founder, CEO and majority shareholder. Under his management the organization grew from a single sports training center producing $500,000 in annual revenues to a franchised network of 75 open and operating units, generating an estimated $50 million in revenue in 2006, with an additional 100 forecast to open by the end of 2007.
Prior to founding Velocity Sports Performance Mr. Walmsley lived in New York, where he oversaw all consumer products activities for A&E Television Networks (parent company of the A&E Cable Network and The History Channel). During the six-years he ran the DVD/Video and consumer products division he grew its annual revenues from $6.5 million to over $45 million (a 700% increase).
Mr. Walmsley has been quoted in Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Sports Illustrated, Los Angeles Times, Atlanta Journal/Constitution, and dozens of other print and electronic media outlets throughout the world. Raised in Atlanta, GA, Mr. Walmsley graduated from the Westminster Schools in Atlanta, holds a BA in English and Economics from Cornell University and an MBA from Columbia Business School.
He was nominated for an Emmy Award for his efforts as Executive Producer of A&E’s Peter Pan starring Cathy Rigby. He actively participates in fundraising and admissions activities for his alma maters, and is Vice Chairman of the Honorary Board of Special Olympics Georgia. He is an enthusiastic runner who completed the New York City Marathon in 1994, 1997 and 1998.